Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Teachers Day Celebration....

Every year, teachers day is celebrated on the 16th May. This year as I am a temporary teacher, I experienced a new experience by being celebrated as a teacher on teachers day. The school that I am teaching in, SK Jati, had its general school assembly on Monday at 7.30am. It was raining at that time so the assembly was carried out in the school canteen. As normal we heard a 'few words' by the Education Departments and from our Headmistress. Then they had some presentations and then it was prize giving ceremony. All the teachers were given a small gift by the school. As I am just a temporary teacher, I thought that my name would not be called, but to my own surprise, they called my name at last. The students were all clapping their hands for a long time for me and some of them even whistled and they were cheering like as if I was a movie start. All the teachers seated there were stunted. I was also amazed because I didn't expect I had so much of support among the students. Even my headmistress commended that, I was 'The Teacher of The Year'. Even more presents came in after the celebration. Students from my class and other classes to brought many gifts for me. Wow I had no place to even keep it on my table. It was merely full of gifts all around my table.

Not bad for a temporary teacher. As there is only 8 more days for me to be in this school I really happy but at the same time sad to leave the school because the students really enjoyed being with me when I was with them. Here are some pictures that will surely make me always remember the school.

No comments: