Saturday, June 13, 2009

VBS Preparations....

This year VBS was a great blessing especially to me. Go really had worked greatly among this who served HIM during the VBS. The credit goes to everyone who had worked very hard to impart the knowledge that Jesus is their Hope during the three days VBS lessons.

Almost more than 2 months before the VBS began the committee was members were all called for a meeting. As I could remember he date when the meeting was held was on 2nd April 2009 in the Church School room at 8.00pm. Since then , the committee had discussed, talked, and decided many things. I was specially put in charge of music. It is the first time in my life for me to become a committee member in any of my church activity.

As I was incharge of the music, I was thinking of whom to put in the schedule to play the instruments and the praise and worship leader. Suddenly I had a thought that why shouldn’t I write the theme song. That very night that I thought about it I wrote the song. I still can remember the day; it was on Maundy Thursday (9.04.2009) I was in Taiping. The song’s tune was taken from a Myanmar song. As in my previous post, I wrote that I went to Myanmar for the VBS there and I learnt their VBS theme song in their language and translated it to Tamil. At that point of time I realized that Wow! God has Blessed me with a new talent! Praise God!

After that, I was appointed to teach the Theme song to the teachers and children during VBS. I taught the teachers during the teachers training held 5 weeks beforehand. The teachers training was held usually on Sundays at 5pm to 6pm at the church school room. Bro. Dennis Johnson was given the responsibility to teach the teachers on the lessons that was prepared by his sister, Ms. Grace Marial. Before each teachers training session, there will be an half an hour praying session by the committee members. The teachers were also invited to join the committee to pray.

These were some of the early preparations on the lessons. The other preparations were all carried out by the committee members such as arrangements for food, transport (Gunung Rapat), tents, chairs, tables, stationery, invitations (other churches and homes) and many others.

So far I have just described you all about the preparations of the VBS. My next post is about the activities and programs of the 3 days.

No comments: