Thursday, October 1, 2009

GEMPAK experiece....

We discovered many new things as we travel around. Each and everyday is a new experience. One of the most GEMPAK experience that we as a group of friends in Russia underwent was buying our winter boots. It was like a pasar malam kind of shop near my hostel. So we saw the boots and it looked appealing. We decided to stop and ask for the price. 'Skolka stoi eta', means how much is this in Russian language and he said 250 roubles (RM25). We were surprised to hear the price as most of our seniors said that we can only get it for about 1000 roubles or more. We immediately decided to buy it. I could not get a right size for me as the shoes that the shop keeper had were all too big in size. Suffian and Syamil, decided to buy and the got the right size for them. Suffiamn wanted to pay immediately, but I stopped him as I wanted to bargain the price. I do not know much Russian nor my friends are that good too, but we managed to reduce the price to 200 roubles each. I told him 400 for 2 shoes and we were talking ROJAK RUSSIAN-ENGLISH-MALAY to him and he managed to understand and I told him that we were students for Malaysia and finally he agreed. It was amazing how we could blend our linguistic skills and bargain stuffs. Now the shopkeeper is one of my first Russian friend.

No comments: