Monday, September 8, 2008

Mum's nasi lemak......

After my church thanksgiving service, my cousin brother and I travelled back to Nilai. We left Ipoh at about 7.30pm. My mother had earlier already cooked for my cousin brother and I nasi lemak.
We enjoyed the fantastic feast at the Ulu Bernam stop at about 9pm. I really tell you that my mother makes the best nasi lemak in the world. I really enjoyed the meal very much. For you who does not know what nasi lemak is, it is actually rice with cucumber, peanuts, egg, anchovies, and the most important one is the anchovies gravy or sambal(our local term). Some even add chicken or fish or anything that they want their rice to with.

Nasi lemak is a traditional Malay cultural food usually taken for breakfast. Its direct translation to English is fat rice. Its really delicious for you have not tried it before.... go try it .... hahahaha....

No comments: