Thursday, September 4, 2008

A once in a lifetime experience.....not to be missed....

Every year one of the most special occasion in my church is Thanksgiving Sunday. The reason I say it is special its because no other church in Malaysia (as I know) celebrate it in a way that we celebrate it.


Usually our normal worship service will be at 9am on Sunday mornings, but every year on Thanksgiving Sunday, our church service will be at 1pm (that's not the special part yet).

On Thanksgiving Sunday, almost all of my church members will bring offerings unto the Lord as to show their thanksgiving to God. The things they bring may vary from foodstuffs, clothing's, pottery and even chicken and goats (alive one you know). As I said before, most of them bring all this stuffs and put it at the altar of the church (expect for the chicken, goat and pottery).

So after the church service, these item brought by the people will be auctioned. There will be many people coming from all over Malaysia to visit their hometown and attend for the thanksgiving service and the auction. This will go on for about an hour or more.

My brother, cousin brothers, some church elders and I will be there to sort out the items to be auctioned to the people. My father is the one will auction all the thing brought by the people. This will be a lifetime experience for those of you who had never seen these before

After the auction is over, all the money collected will be fully given to the church for the church various ministries. So that is why I am so eager to go back home this weekend. It will be a really valuable experience for those who have never seen this things before in a church. Well my church name is Tamil Methodist Church, Tamil Settlement Ipoh. I also post a couple of pictures of my church to you guys. I will share my experience of 2008 Thanksgiving Sunday soon...

My church.....My church at night.....

No comments: